Banner

Banner
I don't own this pretty banner <3

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Never Look Back Chp. 17 Teaser




Why the fireworks you ask? Well, because I believe this next chapter will be explosive.
...
...
So that was an exaggeration, but I hope you like it!!! :)

Anyhoo, here's a little teaser for ya for Chapter 17: New Beginnings!!

Charlie sat across from me at the table, sipping a beer while reading the paper.

I was fidgeting in my seat, waiting for the microwave to beep so I could get out the leftover lasagna.

It finally dinged and I shot up out of my seat like a rocket, and I saw Charlie’s eyes shift to me curiously.

“What’s up, Bells? You look like you’ve got ants in your pants.”

I ignored him, slowly scooping the pasta onto a plate, pouring him a glass of milk.

I set it down in front of him then resumed my spot across from him, fidgeting.

He was about to take a bite then stopped, staring at me.

“You’re not going to eat?” The question hung in the air between us, his eyes assessing me skeptically.

Lasagnas my favorite and, damn him, he knew it. His moustache twitched slightly, almost as though he was repressing a smile.

When I didn’t answer he pressed on.

“So, then, who’s the lucky guy, Bells?”

It was now or never.

“I’mgoingouttodinnertonightwithEdwardCullen.”

“WHAT?” the shout was so loud we both jumped as it echoed throughout the small kitchen and back to our ears.

I winced, hanging my head. “I’m going out to dinner tonight with Edward, dad.”

“As in a date?” He asked rudely, no longer amused.

“Yes.”

“What the fuck, Bella?” he growled. “No, no, I won’t allow this. Not as long as you’re under my roof. He broke you, Bella. He won’t do it again.”

I was getting angry now.



--------------

Hmm, looks like Charlie isn't gonna react well to Edward coming back into the picture.

I feel a storm a' brewin'!!!

:)

Thanks so much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment